e-Commerce Application Development (Online + offline)
E-Commerce is one of the most important facets of the Internet today ‘e-commerce or eCommerce, consists of the buying and selling of products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.’
E-commerce can be broadly classified into three categories: business to business (B2B), business to consumer (B2C) and consumer to consumer (C2C). The Internet also encompasses a wider spectrum of potential commercial activities and information exchanges. For instance, it offers firms, individuals and governments an electronic infrastructure, which enables the creation of virtual auction markets for goods and services.
It can be seen as part of e-business – which ‘may be defined as the utilization of information and communication technologies (ICT) in support of all the activities of business.’
E-Commerce is a massive growth area, were colossal sums of money are being made and spent every day. This is largely to do with the hype of the Internet and on-line shopping. The Internet is growing exponentially, and will continue to grow for some time to come. This, coupled with good advertising, can provide a solid foundation from which to launch a stake in the Internet and e-commerce boom.
E-commerce is big business. The fact that people want it is probably the biggest lure for companies to jump onto the bandwagon, but there are other factors, making e-commerce a good sense solution.
Products and structures of E-commerce cover its three categories: Consumer-oriented commerce, business-to-business commerce, and intra-organizational business. All three are experiencing vigorous developments, albeit with differing economic outcomes at this time.
Benefits of e-commerce application
- Expanded Geographical Reach
- E-commerce allows people to trade 24 hours a day – whenever they want to log on
- Expanded Customer Base
- Lower transaction costs. If the site is implemented well, the web can significantly lower order taking costs and customer service costs after the sale by automated processes.
- E-commerce can be the cheapest means of doing business. Trade Costs are lower - with savings on staff,premises and storage
- Variety for shoppers: It gives people the opportunity to shop in different ways.
- The ability to build an order over several days
- E-commerce allows the buyer to have goods delivered – and (if required) to return them from their home
- The ability to configure products and see actual prices
- E-commerce can reduce the delivery time – by using efficient integrated computer systems.
- The ability to compare prices between multiple vendors
- Available 24/7/365 - Never Close
- The ability to search large catalogues easily
- E-commerce allows trade across vast geographical areas – reaching markets that were previously unavailable.
- E-commerce can eliminate processing errors, as well as being faster and more convenient for the visitor.
- Collection of Customer Data
- E-commerce is ideal for niche products.
- Increase Visibility through Search Engine Marketing
- E-commerce allows buyers to browse a wide selection of goods and services from their home
- Provide Customers valuable information about your business
- Build Customer Loyalty
- Reduction of Marketing and Advertising Costs
Shopping Cart Features
- Larger catalogues
- Product attributes.
- Unlimited Product Images.
- Adding multiple items to the cart.
- Global availability
- Consumer Reviews
- Display Products in Row or Columns.
- Product Comparisons
- Show Products on Human Models
- Live Chat
- Home Page Options.
- Customer accounts.
- Email a Friend’ Button
- Product Demos
- Share Buttons
- Product Reviews.
- Estimated Shipping Costs Displayed on the Cart Page.
- Complete control.
- Easy to manage.
- Order Management
- Customer Accounts
- Search-Engine Friendly URLs (SEO).
- Inventory tracking.
- Catalog Management
- Analytics and Reporting
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Cross-selling on the Product Page.
- Shipping Discounts.
- Virtual products.
- Cloning Products.
- Order Management Features.
- Drop Shipper Features.
- Payment processing.
- Sales Reports.
- Marketing Promotions and Tools
- Statistical tracking.
- Encryption of sensitive data.
- Text File Imports and Exports.
- Order and Customer Exports.
- Site Management
- International Support
- Customization framework.
- Customizing the Look and Feel.
- Quality of Image
- Alternate Views
- Multiple layouts.
- Zoom Feature
- Caching of product information.
- Advanced Search.